Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Wyldhunt View Post
    If they get to decide what size block to spawn or destroy, you'd need a scaleform ui with buttons for them to click, or some other way for them to choose. When they clicked the button, it would set a variable to let the code know which size to spawn.
    Hack it in with the weapon code - you can use the scroll + firemode functions (or simple keybinds) to cycle through options.

Unless you like faffing around with interfaces, of course

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've never played minecraft, but what you describe should be fairly easy.

You'll need to study up on your Unrealscript.

Basically, you'd just make a call on left click (or whatever button you choose) that would spawn a mesh/block wherever they clicked on the screen (Or whatever other method you choose to decide a location). Another button or trigger or timer or whatever could destroy a mesh/block.

If they get to decide what size block to spawn or destroy, you'd need a scaleform ui with buttons for them to click, or some other way for them to choose. When they clicked the button, it would set a variable to let the code know which size to spawn.

Unless there's more to it, that should be doable.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Game Concept. Need Advice! :3

Game Concept. Need Advice! :3

Hiya guys.

Studying games design at uni and need some help with a game idea I have and wether this is possible and how i would even do about doing it.

Now my idea is based on the gasme minecraft. which the blocky game where you can mine and add blocks in to build stuff and there are different block types with different propperties.

I am wanting to do something similar except i want the grids or cubes to be much smaller and different devisions of each cube.

so you have different tools which do different things.

1: Removes big blocks / Adds big blocks
    2: Removes / adds medium blocks
    3: Removes / adds small blocks
    4: removes / adds halfblocks (diagonal blocks)

Is this possible in Unreal. I just need some guidance. I can ask my my Uni i suppose!
Working...
X