Kismet Detect Pawn Death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet Detect Pawn Death?

I've tried so many way to have kismet detect a pawns death, but I'm not getting the results I want. The best I've gotten is when the pawn's corpse disappears, it plays the next part of the sequence (only after i touch the trigger), but I need the sequence to initiate as soon as the pawn's health equals zero. Is there a way to do this, or do I have to wait until the corpse vanishes in order for the rest of the sequence to start.

p.s. it seems this guy got the effect to trigger as soon as the pawn died. this is kind of what i'm going for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dLl04iHaSQ

Are you using Attach To Event to attach the pawn to the Death event?

Comment

I don't think i'm doing it right. Should there be something going into "Attach to event" and something coming out of "Death" I have the pawn as the Attachee and Death as the event.

Comment

Here's what I have going on:

I have a placeable pawn (Anubis) in my level and I attached the staff to a socket in it's hand. The Staff has a TouchAll collision, so the top sequence is set up so whenenever the player (Anuket) touches her, she takes damage. That works fine.
        In the second sequence, I'm trying to make it so the staff either disappears or stops doing damage when Anubis is dead. Instead, the sequence initiates when I die
        Also, thanks so much for the helps so far. There's alot i need to learn about kismet.

Comment

attach the death instigator to Anubis. Also, check the death properties. Make sure that it's not pointing to the player.

Comment

No go. It's just doing what it's been doing. I've even tried giving the pawn a name through the console and nothing. I'll keep experimenting though

Comment

have you tried see death? maybe that'll work. My logic is that since you are killing anubis, then you will (almost) always see his death. Maybe you can work from there.

Comment

That's what I would think too, but Kismet doesn't seem to want to make this simple. I've given up on this method for now. Instead, I just "programmed" a sphere that'll spawn around a socket and take damage away every time the player touches it. I had to offset the node from his had a little bit, but it works pretty fine.
                Now the final problem I'm having is that the pawn don't want to attack me once I've respawned. I was doing a turrent tutorial that kind of dealt with this, so hopefully that will help.
                Any help given and that can be given is greatly appreciated.

Comment

what is the trigger for the pawn? Level loaded? if it is, try using player spawned, so the ai can attack every time you spawn.

Comment

that's the thing. the pawn is placed in the level from the actor class. i followed a tutorial on making AI and that's how they did it. I tried spawning it with actor factory, but it doesn't ragdoll when it dies :/

Comment

Weird, explain the kismet. i never saw the tutorial, but i did the one from 3dbuzz's top down game tutorial. that one works for me.

Comment

I decided to investigate, and assembled a basic bot spawn and trigger after death announcement he died. I don't know if it helps, but it works for similar purposes.

[shot]http://chrisholden.net/udk-kismet-botdeath1.jpg[/shot]

Comment

I will definitely try something like this next time I can.
                          Quick question though. I noticed that you "converted" your spawned bot into a blank variable. Is there a way to converted a bot that's been manually placed into the level into a blank variable?

Comment

There is no conversion. The Object variable is being populated with a reference to the spawned Actor at runtime. If yours are placed in the level, you can just create an Object variable and assign the Bot to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X