Cascade Question about world/local space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cascade Question about world/local space

This seems like it should be a simple thing to do so I must be overlooking something.

All I want to do is have an effect attached to a character (it is attached to a socket through script right now) but I do not want it to actually rotate with the socket. I want it to stay attached and move with the character as a whole but it should not rotate at all....

what am I missing?

Do you have In World Space checked in your Initial Velocity module? That would essentially make the movement ignore any rotation of the emitter itself.

Comment

I dont have any velocity. But when I check "in world space" on either velocity or local space in teh required module it ignores the attachment all together abd does not follow the character...

Comment

Maybe your attachment is not being done properly. It's hard to say without knowing how you have it set up. I just tried attaching a particle system with In World Space enabled to a socket on a KAsset ragdoll and it worked as expected; the emitter moved with the KAsset, but always emitted particles in the same direction regardless of the socket's orientation.

Comment

hmm.
          okay. I will pass this to our engineers as the problem is probably in our scripts.
          Thanks for the reply!

Comment

thanks for all the help. Turns out 15 minutes of Engineer voodoo fixed the problem this time.

=)

Comment

Working...
            X