Interior Collision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you for that. I thought I was going crazy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wyldhunt View Post
    For something like this, you probably need to make sure that there is at least a 1uu space in between each BSP brush though. Else it may think that it's concave and fail.
    I have done many concave collision meshes this way (stuff like walls with windows or door holes, caves etc), without 1uu gap between, and it never failed. However i had one when i added csg 12 brushes, and it was not crash or such i just got weird resulting collision, so always check in mesh browser what result you got.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As far as I know, collision has to be convex. Not concave.
    So, the answer to something like a tunnel is to use BSP brushes to make seperate collisions for the floor, walls, and ceiling.
    There was a really good tut here somewhere... <Goes off to find it>

Ah, yes. HERE

That should show you how to use multiple BSP shapes to create a single collision model. For something like this, you probably need to make sure that there is at least a 1uu space in between each BSP brush though. Else it may think that it's concave and fail.

I've never tried this, but I think it should work.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Interior Collision

Interior Collision

I'm having problems making collision for objects such as caves and tunnels. I feel like the answer is simple, but I'm overlooking something. Every time I do it, the outside of my meshes get a collision, totally preventing any entry into the mesh. Any suggestions?
Working...
X