SpeedTree - '0 Triangles, 0 Vertices' Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpeedTree - '0 Triangles, 0 Vertices' Problem

I'm using the registered version of SpeedTree V5.2 but so far, importing the mesh into UDK has met with failure. The compiled mesh.srt results in an output file of '0 Vertices and 0 Triangles', basically, failing to import the mesh.srt into package.upk. All associated materials can be imported without issue but the mesh.srt is missing any content.

Is this a known problem with commercial V5.2 in relation to UDK?

I have successfully used the cutdoown UDK version of SpeedTree to compile and package trees without any issues, so I am wondering if there is some fix or configuration option that I am missing that would create this error?

Thank you.

I had the same issues when porting models made in SpeedTree 4 (and Speedtree 4 Cad Lite for 3dsMax). Your best bet is to make a tree in the commercial release, then open it in the UDK Bundled free version of 5 and re-save/compile from there. (I've also had a hell of a lot of problems with Leaf cards when going cross-version, generally it decides to lose all my settings for them)
    I know thats not massivly helpful, but so far its the only fix i've come across

Comment

Hey, thanks for that advice, unfortunately, I have already tried that method.

The UDK version of the SpeedTree compiler spits out an error message - something like - 'This tree was not created in this version of SpeedTree' and as such, it will not compile.

Anyway, thanks again. Appreciated.

-Windebieste.

Comment

Only Speedtrees created using the UDK version of the modeler can be brought into the UDK compiler. (Which is the only way to get them into UDK.) Try opening your tree in the UDK modeler (It may look slightly different because you're using an updated version) and saving it out. Then, run it in the UDK compiler and you should be good to go.

Comment

I had the same problem. My suggestion is to try to make a completely different tree and see if it works then. Some of my trees just dont work even after i compile them. But, once i tried to make a new one it worked in the map.

Comment

just save the package then re-start udk and fully-load the saved package again, this will solve this problem

Comment

Originally posted by danh66 View Post
              just save the package then re-start udk and fully-load the saved package again, this will solve this problem
              I bet those guys would've appreciated your answer a bit more if you answered like, well, lets say, 2 years ago?

Comment

Working...
              X