How do you reset doors on level reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you reset doors on level reset?

I have a trigger that the player walks into and the door behind him slams shut and one ahead opens. It works fine until the player dies as the doors stay in their triggered state instead of resetting. I have been trying things like making RemoteEvent tag the end of the Matinee and have a Level Loaded event reverse the sequence, but I fail at this.

What's the best way to "reset" you map when the player dies?

Do you set triger use times to 0?

Comment

Yes. It is pretty much like this:

Trigger count is already set to 0

Trigger_0 Touch -> Activates Matinee and Cinematic Mode (shows the door close behind the player)

If I type suicide to kill myself and the map restarts, the Matinee itself did not reset so the player is locked outside the first room with no way to get in. I tried creating a reverse matinee when using Player Spawn, but since the first time the player starts the level the close door matinee never played so the door ends up WAY above the map.

I tried messing with a Boolean check, but I couldn't figure out how to make it check a false to reverse the matinee. As you can see I had no clear idea how to get a False to show up so hitting the trigger here does nothing, which makes sense since I am showing True and False at the same time.

Comment

Try making a trigger with no max trigger count at the point where they player spawns, that when triggered resets the doors?
        That way when the player dies, on respawn they trigger the reset switch basically.

That's my two cents on the situation at least...

Comment

You could probably cheat it by adding another trigger in the Spawn room and hooking that up to another matinee that opens the door to alleviate the cinematic mode. Though every other door will remain open it should at least work.

Comment

I had a similiar problem to yours. This current kismet works for me with my matinee for when the player dies, with the trigger only occurring once during play. Sequence Activated is simply the TriggerVolume Touch output. Hope it helps.

Comment

OMG Soggy, I had that almost exact setup, just had that extra matinee to try and reverse the process, if I just take my Player Spawned Bool OUT and link it to the Reverse of the Matinee, the **** thing works. Now I have to figure out how to get this to reverse without taking the camera away from the player. The matinee does a camera fly to show the player he gets locked in... I am close on this.. Thanks for the help man

*EDIT*
              Got it to work with the camera by just making a copy of the matinee and deleted the movement tracks on one and the camera on the other so both matinees play at the same time. Man that was a lot of work but I got it. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
              X