.t3d export from 3ds max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.t3d export from 3ds max?

Is there any way to export an entire scene from 3ds max as a .t3d file? I'm hoping to find a way that I can model a scene in 3ds max, then export it to UDK in a way that supports object instancing.

Or is there maybe some way to import a collada file that will retain object instancing? or any method for 3ds -> UDK that will retain mesh instance info?

Comment

I don't recommend you a .t3d file. Why?

I had a 50,000 triangles.
      When I imported a .t3d file it took about 2 minutes, then I closed UDK. I tried with .ASE
      With .ASE it took only 20 sec. And I've got a model.
      I have Full version of 3D object converter, So If you really need conversation, just PM me, okay?

Comment

I can export individual meshs ok as .ase or collada files, then import them into UDK just fine. what i'm trying to find out is, if i can arrange a scene in max with mesh instancing, then export the scene with the instancing info. so if i arrange 100 instances of a 1000 poly tree in max, i can export the scene as a 1000 poly mesh instanced 100 times, rather than a 100,000 poly .ase.

Comment

I do not think it is possible.

Comment

t3d does not contain geometry data except brushes but it does support instances - as references to existing resources. Referenced static meshes (or other to other resources) need to be present in the engine before importing the t3d file - otherwise, you will have references to non existing objects.

You have to write an export plugin for max or search for existing one.

Comment

I've found a plugin for maya, and a discontinued utility called jamlander for working with max and t3d. Nothing that works with max 2010, however.
              Perhaps someone knows of one?

Comment

Working...
              X