Penumbra / Amnesia-style Interaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penumbra / Amnesia-style Interaction

Anyone have any ideas on how to mimic this type of interaction in-game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ve0eVwjv5k

^ Just an example...

This game made with UDK?

Comment

Isn't all you need an invisible physgun?

Comment

I'll yoo waiting for reply!
        PhysGun isn't all. How to do Kismet:

If StaticMesh(var object) --> touchTriggerZone --> Action/ Matinee etc. ?

Comment

Maybe use attachments on a static mesh and then use a invisible physgun?

Comment

Originally posted by alvarofer0020 View Post
            Maybe use attachments on a static mesh and then use a invisible physgun?
            Nope...
            The bast way 'll be aa :

If StaticMesh (Var obj) touch 'triggerVolume' Get 'action'

Comment

Originally posted by MaKiPL View Post
              I'll yoo waiting for reply!
              PhysGun isn't all. How to do Kismet:

If StaticMesh(var object) --> touchTriggerZone --> Action/ Matinee etc. ?
              It's quite simple, really. After few tries and fails, this is what I came up with:
              First of all, you need to turn off no encroach check on your KActor (or your class based on KActor).
              Then you need to put trigger volume in, and add event touched in Kismet.
              Then you need to change:
              Class proximity types: To your class of object (or KActor)
              Turn off Force Overlapping and Player Only
              Change Max Trigger Count to 0 (or any number which will indicate how many fail tries your player will get)
              Turn on Use Instigator.

Then you need to put up a blank object variable (New Variable=> Object=> Object) and link it up with Instigator. Put then a Compare Objects (New Condition=> Comparison => Compare Objects), under A put blank Object variable from instigator, under B - object you want to turn on the action. Then link A==B to the action you want it to make, and A!=B to some kind of message (like 'it's not that item' or so). And voile'a! You're done.

Comment

Originally posted by MaKiPL View Post
                PhysGun isn't all.
                Really? Why can't you just have a physgun and physics enabled objects?
                On doors for instance, you would just need to connect it at the hinges.

Comment

I'm actually planning to do a small, psychology based project that could possibly have a good use of an alike system. If any of you are interested in any way for a small collaboration, drop a comment or PM me sir. I could probably not be able to provide payment in return, but would be glad to provide any of my services as a 'payment'. I'm doing marketing, design, level design, production and music production, just so you know.

Sincerely.

Comment

I am trying to follow your solution but I don't understand it fully. Could you please clarify the last portion:
                    ....under B- object you want to turn on the action
                    .. and specially the other part :
                    link A==B to the action you wand
                    Ideally if you could draw that kismet picture I'd appreciate

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the Kismet drawing. However i still dont understand it fully.
                        what is : "Object touching the trigger volume" the player?? or what?
                        What is : "Object you want to activate sequence" : the Kactor I want to move?

I have done in the past tests with picking up an Kactor, add a RB_ConstraintActor->RB_PrismaticActor and move, slide the kActor with the Physicsgun but this is not exactly the same as Amnesia's where the player's hand appears and picks up the object, rotates, manipulates it and/or places it in a box or something.
                        Your time is appreciated.

Comment

Tis' ain't for moving furniture or opening doors/chests. To do so, you still need to make your own weapon class similiar to physics gun and use some kind of RBConstraintActor. This Kismet drawing is about some kind of physics-driven riddle. Like, you need to put specific statue on shelve to open secret door. And it will run ONLY when the SPECIFIC statue will be put there, not any other. Then object touching volume would be the one, that's currently, well, touching volume ;P And object you want to activate sequence would be that specific statue.

Comment

Working...
                          X