killing a player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

killing a player

for my level i have a spot for water but i would like the player to die when they go into it..would i set that up in kismet or the properties of fluid that i have in there?

You can make pool of water, put a volume around it(maybe a trigger volume), and when volume is touched, modify player health to subtract 100% health. You can also make little sequence to show a flashy death.

definitely a trigger volume.

Comment

You could also use a lava volume to the same effect.

Comment

If this is a example 'sea' and no more island is under the 'sea' level. You can do KillZ
        Just place 'temporaly small staticmesh' Move him to 'sea' level, then go to:

View --> Generic Broswer, and select 'scene' Then find that 'temporaly small staticmesh'. and check him last poition numbers:
        For example:

XXXX, XXXX, 525

Remember that Z 'here 525' numbers. and go to WorldInfo (Lol, I forgot where it is in UDK, but in view, you can see world properties)
        Slide down, and search 'KillZ' change this to '525'
        KillZ can be numbers like : 25.5356, 0.00 or -6536.
        You can add HeightFog, with big density, and blue color, when You day, camera can fall down, and move down of the sea, So player can see what's under the sea. When u add HeighFog, Player don't see any glitches.

Comment

Yeah the kill zone would work so long as no where in your map you will dip lower than the sea level

Comment

Well if he does have anything below KillZ Level, he could run kismet similar to this:
            (So he could just run the Trigger straight to Destroy with the variable being an object)
            At least that would alleviate any problem of having something lower, though it won't be a fancy death but it will work

Comment

Wouldn't it just be easier to set up a lava volume specific to the water? unless I guess the water takes up a very large capacity? I'm not too sure how expensive a lava volume is to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by smoallem16 View Post
                Wouldn't it just be easier to set up a lava volume specific to the water? unless I guess the water takes up a very large capacity? I'm not too sure how expensive a lava volume is to be honest.
                yeah possibly but there is always alternatives which can always be used for reference or for later builds

Comment

I am trying to do the same thing - kill the player after a matinee. However, i just can't get it to work - i've tried modify health and destroy. As far as i can see i've hooked everything up ok, target to player0, in from matinee completed, -100 float variable for the modify health.

Am i missing something obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Well, i managed to do it with a get property to subtract int to modify health. though i still want to know what i was missing.

Comment

I've been trying to also get a similar effect. Although, mine is a bit different. I have been trying to set up a "kill box" in a death match-type map. I want it so when someone falls down and touches this "kill box", it kills them, regardless of fall length. I got it to do that, sure enough... but it also kills every player still alive in the map. How do I get it so it doesn't do that?
                      On a little side note, this "pit of death" has spikes on the bottom, I would love to get it so the spikes impale the player upon impact... but that's a little too far down the road. For right now, I'll be happy with just the "kill box" working right.

Comment

I just set up a killz volume and make the damage amount per second ungodly. As soon as anyone enters it, they are gone. I've used it for building exteriors (some fool always thinks its cute to jump down to a lower rooftop with no access), and for a lake I made that was to be liquid mercury. Works pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                        X