Self mesh aligning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self mesh aligning

Hi there! I'm having HUGE problem with aligning my self made meshes. I'm trying to make a modular vault from few (around 10) simple meshes. Problem is, they are a bit... underscaled in the 3d program, so I've got to scale them up 50 times in UDK to look good. But that wouldn't make my hurt ache so much, if it weren't for the fact, that I simply CAN'T align them for good. Even with drag grid turned off there are always some small gaps, overlays and other kind of small, iritating stuff. Is there any way, other then rescaling those models, to make them align to each other good, or am I in deepest circle of hell? After 3 days of modelling only a few rooms I found out, that small gaps that I made earlier, because I haven't seen them, are now a problem big enough to fit a character in it ;P

try changing their position through numeric values. in your object's properties go to the 'Movement' section and you'll find the exact coordinates the object is at. with a little info about your object's dimensions and some basic math (to make up for the scaling you did) you should be able to place your meshes at the exact location you need

Comment

Working...
    X