Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange camera turn when in InterpActor

Hi,
    I've set up a huge turning tube [InterpActor]. The player has to walk through this tube...but if you go through it, sometimes the camera suddenly turns around.

Why does this happen and how do you fix this?

Here's a video:
    you can see the problem at 0:23 and 0:42
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZFcAl9_MZc

Screenie of the tube:
    [SHOT]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_-3_qXEBCno8/TGcV_A85J-I/AAAAAAAAAYI/3_tm9SHFiBs/s1280/ScreenShot00042.jpg[/SHOT]

i set up a kind of flashlight in my level. it's simply a spotlight, attached to the player. it's working, but at the moment the spotlight stays on one level. i can't trun it up or down, just left or right [when in walk mode, but when typing fly or ghost in the console, the spotlight can turn everywhere].

so how do i manage the spotlight to turn up and down when the player looks up or down?

A video would explain it better

I believe it's impossible for the camera to go upside down, otherwise you discovered a bug in the camerascript classes. So I can only guess that it's some kind of interpolation error, maybe in your kismet sequence.

Comment

ok, added a video

Comment

Sorry, only saw this right now...
        Not sure, why this happens I don't believe it's an interpolation error as i said before because the camera rotates around the Z axes (Z being up). Maybe it's because the Matinee has completed a starts again/loops?

I will try this myself and see if I get the same.
        For the setup: it's basically just a tube staticmesh right? With collision in the mesh or via (Dynamic-)BlockingVolume?

Will see what I can do about the flashlight. Always thought that attaching it to the player would make it look up and/or down too. How are you attaching it? Via Kismet attach node? Do you assign a bone or socket?

Comment

the collision is made via dynamicblockingvolumes...and yes its a simple tube mesh

for the flashlight: i attach it via kismet but only attach to the player...i searched for the bone name of the hands or sth, but couldn't find anything that worked

Comment

Okay, concerning the tube-camera-blockingvolume thing: make sure the volumes are following the shape of the tube. You can use the console command "show volumes" to visualize them in your level.
            Can you post a screenshot/video of that?

Didn't manage the attachment yet will update asap.

Edit: I can't get it to attach a SpotLight correctly Can you copy the nodes and post the code here, please?

Comment

Working...
            X