Help creating sequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help creating sequences

I was wondering how do I make triggers appear (or enable) using kismet.
    Sequence 1: I have a scene where an enemy from a cliff herds you to a door(w/ gunfire) when you hit the door to escape, it won't open, but enemy leaves.

Sequence 2:Then, as you walk away, the door opens, but only to have two dudes pop up and start blasting you.

My problem is I want sequence 2 to only be triggered only after sequence 1 is finished. Right now, seq. 2 can be activated when you leave the touch trigger, while seq. 1 is in progress.

I'm using trigger, but since they don't have a in connector, it's hard to get them to work one after the other. Thanks

I would assume you would juse use something like this

I just realized the first toggle isn't realyl needed, as Volumes have "max-trigger counts" anyways. But whatever, it shows the process.

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Tried it, and that doesn't work. Does kismet have an 'enable' function?

Comment

You could try connecting the Toggle action directly to the Touch event instead of to the TriggerVolume.

Or, just use a bool variable for the state of the second sequence, set it to true when the first sequence gets triggered, and check the value of that variable before triggering the second sequence.

Or, use a Gate action and use the first sequence to open the gate. Then have the second sequence go through the Gate's In input. It should only go through when the gate is open.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
            You could try connecting the Toggle action directly to the Touch event instead of to the TriggerVolume.
            This first option will work.
            Connect your Event output to your TriggerVolume. This will work.

Comment

Working...
            X