Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matinee relative position

Hi guys,

I came out with something like this. Basically there is an object that is moved a little by the Matinee sequence. Before that though, the object location is set to about 300 units in front of a player.
    At first I thought that IMF_RelativeToInitial in movement track will do the trick and the object will move correctly from any given location. Well it will not. It moves only from it's first location. Is there a way to fix that or is this a question for "Programming and Unrealscript" guys?

to simplify a little more what I was saying...
    what I want is a matinee that can be moved

Also I've been going through some class files in the engine folder but I can't find the 'Data' variable class that I thought might be useful as it supposedly stores all the information that matinee sequence uses. Some pointers?

Comment

That is what Relative to Initial does, though. You can set up the movement track for the actor and then move that actor anywhere in the map and it will move relative to that position. Of course, that usually means moving the actor in the editor before play begins. Not sure about setting the position right before starting the Matinee sequence. You could try enabling No Reset on Rewind on the Matinee. I'm not sure that will have any effect the first time through the Matinee though and still may not give the desired result, but it does reset the RelativeToInitial start position to the current position each time through. Worth a try at least.

Comment

THANK YOU

with "Rewind if already playing" and "Rewind on play" it works fantastic

Comment

Working...
        X