SpeedTree Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpeedTree Wind

So I created a tree in SpeedTree and I don't want it to move with the wind, because it's leaning on some structures. If it moves, it will clip with the wall and just look weird. I noticed the "include wind" boolean in the SpeedTree compiler. But when I turn it off UDK crashes. Turned on it will work just fine.

I remember changing the wind of the SpeedTree in UT3, but I can't find any working wind properties. There is the wind property when I click on my SpeedTree in the content browser, but when I zero it out, it is still moving .

If anyone could help me solve this I would really appreciate it.

The only suggestion I have is to set it to a really low number like .00000000001 and see what happens.

Comment

The wind is built into the speedtree when you export it. You have to change the wind parameters in the speedtree modeler.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySoft View Post
        I noticed the "include wind" boolean in the SpeedTree compiler. But when I turn it off UDK crashes. Turned on it will work just fine.
        Or is there a way so it will export wind, but it will be 0? Can't seem to find the settings anywhere.

Comment

I didn't apply any wind on the tree inside SpeedTree, but inside UDK it still moves around. It doesn't seem to read any of the settings correctly.

Could someone check with me if they can exclude wind in the compiler without making UDK crash when you import it?

Comment

As already stated, the wind settings need to be set inside of speedtree, not in UDK.

Click the fan in the viewport and you will get the wind settings. The MAIN thing to change is setting the height of the wind to a really high number (2000-10000) and then set the strengths to as low as possible. Dont' forget there are secondary settings aswell. Do NOT use 0 on any setting as it will have no affect and cause possible crashes. Also some of the values need to actually increase instead of decrease in order to effectively eliminate major wind. Just play around and watch the tree's behavior within speedtree. It will still have slight movement on the leaves themselves, but this is usually desirable in most cases. You will, however, lose the major sway of the trunk and the branches and that is what most people are annoyed with. Once all that is set, export and compile the tree again and back in UDK it will move more naturally.

Comment

Working...
            X