Static mesh texture issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static mesh texture issue

Im using 3DS Max to make static meshes like stairs and such. When i texture the object in Max and import it to UDK it shows a null material instead of the material i had in Max. What do i need to do to keep this from happening?

Create the material in UDK and apply it. Watch the 3DBuzz tutorials.

Comment

Originally posted by Watsuke View Post
      Im using 3DS Max to make static meshes like stairs and such. When i texture the object in Max and import it to UDK it shows a null material instead of the material i had in Max. What do i need to do to keep this from happening?
      The materials in max isn't a texture per say, what you need is to UVmap and texture it manually. Then you get a texture file you can use everywhere else. (IE in photoshop)

I think there might be a way to convert it into a texture, or bake it into the model file (depening on which filetype you use), but I don't remember exactly how.

Comment

Take the texture you applied in Max and make a material in UDK with it.

Double click the static mesh in the Content browser. This will open up the Mesh editor. UNder LODinfo there is a section for a Material. Select your material and hit the green arrow to apply the Material to your mesh.

Comment

Working...
        X