Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding sounds

Hey guys,

So I'm implementing sounds for my level and I want to add background explosions from artillery fire.

I have two explosion sounds that I want to play offset of one another, along with that I also want to meddle with the times in which they explode so that some come in quicker, and some explosions take longer to play.

My question is whether or not I should just mix them in the sound cue editor, or whether I should try using Matinee (or another way)?

I have looked into both the editor and Matinee and the sound cue editor seems like an effective method of setting this up but I want more control as to when exactly the explosions will hit, and not simply relying on a min/max random time.

Though when I tried to set up a Matinee sequence I could not figure out how to do it.

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it!

To add sounds through Matinee you add a new empty group then add sound in that group and then in your content browser have the cue selected that you want to use, then back in matinee click on the sound node and then press enter, you see the cue being added to the time line. You can add cues into the same time line one after another at whatever time you need them.

Comment

Working...
    X