how to make one package out of a map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If you give him all of the custom packages with the same file folders, it will work just fine. The map from /maps, the yourpackagename.upk, and any custom file folders containing custom assets, all need to be given and put in the same file locations on both computers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not that I know of. Maybe one of the gurus can help you out further. My knowledge extends only so far.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to "reapply" all textures? because maybe he wont know what texture goes where.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well if his folders are set up the same as yours there shouldnt be a problem. And if all else fails he can just put the textures back. The BSP retains the Uv info so it should work out the same.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok then i give him the packages, but the textures dont seems to be applied when he gets to open the map. Is there a procedure for that matter?

Is there a folder hierarchy to follow?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No your teammate will still need the packages. Thats why you cant delete the packages that ship with UDK if you want to use the maps it comes with. The map references the assets in the packages and there is no way to merge them. But.... im fairly sure cooking makes a package with all the assets needed for that map. So then if your content is spread it will be consolidated into one. The only downside to this is you cant do really much of anything to a cooked map. So dont give it to him because you cant work on it then.

EDIT: Didnt read carefully enough. Just make sure your teammate gets all the packages you made for the map. If he gets missing assets you missed one.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic how to make one package out of a map

how to make one package out of a map

Hello,

I searched in the forum and i cant seem to find an answer to my question.

How do i save a map with all its linkage (textures etc)?

I wish to create a map a send it to my teammate for him to work on it too. But the result is always a map and a package with custom textures. How can i make sure the map will come up with all textures already applied.

is it with the cook fonction of the front end?
Working...
X