Create a pause in the Panner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I was wondering if you ever managed to get the pause working Moogle? I'm trying for a similar effect but because the panner is constantly moving I can't seem to get it to pause and resume in the same place

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up using a sine + time which didn't create the pause I was looking for but it did give a really nice and smooth motion to the panner, so i'll settle with that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would try to multiply a panning black texture with a thick white line in the middle with the pan speed. Every time the black part of that texture would be covering the material it should stop the animation. If that doesn't work I would try a sine and time, and then add a value, then ceil/frac/floor/something it so that it is usually on, but sometimes suddenly turns off for a few seconds.

Or otherwise just use a matinee yes, which is the easiest solution but least flexible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try using the Oscillater instead of the panner?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could be as simple as creating the sheen on only one side of a larger texture. You can also use a sin connected to time, as that has a natural pause in it. Sounds to me like this for a crystal?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to setup a ScalarParameter that you connect into the Time slot of your Panner. After you got that you need to create a MaterialInstance (Constant) now you're able to control it through kismet or matniee.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Create a pause in the Panner

Create a pause in the Panner

Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble with the Panner in the material editor. I'm currently using it to create a bright shine that moves across my material. This works fine but it is constantly in motion. I would like the Panner to cycle my texture sample once, then pause for several seconds, then cycle the texture sample again and repeat.

Anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this? Thanks in advance!
Working...
X