how to make a gold material ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to make a gold material ?????

hi, i'm trying to make a gold material with a emissive yellow light for some rocks in my game, i have searched over the web but i can't find anything about gold material, can somebody show me a good tutorial to make a god material with a emissive yellow light??

thank you in advance for your help .....

Well what software are you using Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.net all of which I know the process is relatively the same.
    1. Create a new template 256x256-512x512-1024x1024 so on up to 4096 which is Unreal's limit.
    2.Use a golden gradient I know gimp has a nice default one I am not sure about photoshop or paint.net.
    3.Filters-Noise-HSV Noise. Mess around with the settings until you get fully visible dots all of the texture.
    4.Filter-Blur-Motion blur. Set the angel to what ever you want and you can also adjust the lengths of the blur streaks.
    5.Your done, import the texture into UDK and for a simple setup create a new material out of the texture plug the texture sample into the diffuse and specular, then create a Vector Parameter in the "parameters" tab set the values R=0.25 G=0.25 B=0.0, Plug the Vector Parameter into your emissive channel.

EDIT:If you need picture guidance just ask I wasn't able to setup picture when I posted this because my internet was to slow.

Comment

thank you pulse0o0, your information really help me

Comment

an if you want it to have a rocky texture to it just go back into the image software fill in another template completely black then use the HSV Noise again make sure all of the noise dots are white to be different from the black background, then create a normal map of it if using gimp and you don't have the normal map plug-in here it is... http://code.google.com/p/gimp-normal...in32-1.2.2.zip. Then import it into UDK, select the texture in the content browser then go into the golden material and create a new texture sample in the texture tab and just plug it into the normal channel and it you want it to be bump offset just create another template in the image software fill in black then use the brush to make a random line or something of white save it import into UDK this will be your height reference for the bump. Go into UDK open the golden material create a new texture sample of the black and white texture you just made then create a bump offset node in the utilities tab and a texture coordinate node in the coordinate tab set the value of the Texture coordinates U=2 V=2 plug it into the coordinate node on the bump offset then plug the white and black texture into the height node on the bump offset then plug the bump offset into the normal textures UV node and plug the normal into the normal channel.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

thank you very much pulse0o0 !!!

Comment

Your welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X