Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LightMass Draw Problem

Hello

I have some unclosed meshes(stuck into a wall) in my level, and some single sided trash and paper meshes and when i build they end up looking completely black( unlit). I checked the normal facing,checked the xfrom so i know its not a mesh issue. Do i need to adjust any lightmass settings to not get this problem?

Thanks

convert it to mover and check if it's still black, if yes, i dont known what to do but if no, there might be something wrong with lightmap of this mesh

Comment

Is your material 2 sided?

Comment

I tried both 2 sided and one.. same result. Thanks PanSzatan, the mover conversion did help, i am getting no more errors. Im just curious as to what the main difference would be.

Thanks again!

Comment

Oh i see, movable and toggle lights ignore lightmaps.. great, just what i was looking for.

Comment

here is my next problem regarding this. The unreal lightmaps are ignored now and the build looks good, but the lightmaps i baked manually out of 3ds max (i need a gameplay specific line of light to shine accross some objects) are also ignored, is there any way i can use my maps but have the unreal default lightmaps not apply to the meshes?

I set up a custom shader where the lightmaps are basically multiplied overtop the diffuse layer and i have a different lightmap for each lightsource that needs to be activated in game.. i want to use only these with unreal lights, but not the lightmaps it generates by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranko36 View Post
              here is my next problem regarding this. The unreal lightmaps are ignored now and the build looks good, but the lightmaps i baked manually out of 3ds max (i need a gameplay specific line of light to shine accross some objects) are also ignored, is there any way i can use my maps but have the unreal default lightmaps not apply to the meshes?

I set up a custom shader where the lightmaps are basically multiplied overtop the diffuse layer and i have a different lightmap for each lightsource that needs to be activated in game.. i want to use only these with unreal lights, but not the lightmaps it generates by default.
              Use the emissive channel.

Comment

I have tried using the emissive channel but i cant get the same results,with a regular material setup i could but i have a custom setup and it doesnt react the same. I have triple checked all the meshes and the uv layouts, everything seems to be in order on the 3ds max end.I get the impression that some objects and mesh pieces are taking the lightmap i am multiplying and making it their default diffuse texture while others are doing what i want. I cant figure out why some pieces would and others wouldn't, seems almost random.

Here is a shot with the lighting only. That corkboard on the wall, i have the exact mesh in another spot in the level and its being affected in totally different spots.(The entire board is one mesh not multiple pieces)

Comment

Working...
                X