Help on Making a Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on Making a Switch

I believe this is part of level design if not I apologize.

I would like to make a switch where a player comes into contact and presses a button (say E on the keyboard) to activate a trigger that will toggle the lights.

If someone has a link for this purpose or know how top do it I would be greatly appreciated.

This is covered in the video tutorials in the documentation.

Comment

As Hitpaws correctly pointed out, this is covered in the official UDK video tutorials, but what he forgot to mention is that those describe 2 ways of doing it, and post April release I believe, only the 2nd option, namely setting up a Matinee sequence to handle it as an animation will work. So.. take a look at the cinematic section of the UDK video tutorials, and you shall find your answer.

Oh, and incidently I highly recommend you watch the entire tutorial series as it will give you a good grasp of the Unreal Editor interface, and creating levels with it.

Comment

Making a switch

I have the same problem only i watched a guys tutorial on youtube he WAS using standard ut3 editor though i tryed it but it didnt work

Comment

Originally posted by mikesdk View Post
          As Hitpaws correctly pointed out, this is covered in the official UDK video tutorials, but what he forgot to mention is that those describe 2 ways of doing it, and post April release I believe, only the 2nd option, namely setting up a Matinee sequence to handle it as an animation will work. So.. take a look at the cinematic section of the UDK video tutorials, and you shall find your answer.

Oh, and incidently I highly recommend you watch the entire tutorial series as it will give you a good grasp of the Unreal Editor interface, and creating levels with it.

Cheers for that, I viewed bits and pieces of them, but haven't truly sat down and watched them fully.
          Cheers for your reply

Comment

Working...
          X