Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to apply physics to a model in UDK?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to apply physics to a model in UDK?.

hi
    title said my problem.the mesh(a home) build in Maya with ".asa" format.

is it hard question?nobody

Comment

For basic physics import the mesh as a static mesh. Double click on the mesh. This brings up the static mesh editor. Setup collision. Then click the box that says Can Become Dynamic. The options right above this check box are some simple physic options. Select the correct mass scale. You will need to play around with it until you get the feeling for how heavy mass is. I always check Enable Continuous Collision Detection. It cost a little more but will save problems later.

For more advance options you will need to read up on Physics Materials. There is too much to go into detail here and there is plenty of information and tuts out there for physics materials.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobaltic View Post
        Then click the box that says Can Become Dynamic. The options right above this check box are some simple physic options. Select the correct mass scale.
        Can become dynamic? ali said he wants to apply collisions to a house, not a toy! Or maybe the player is some kind of godzilla in his game and kicks the houses and throws them in air. Maybe play football with another godzilla buddy?

Buildings shouldn't have Can become Dynamic box checked because that would mean the building can be moved or kicked by the player, or when he shoots it, it should jump or "fly". (As long as the player isn't godzilla). For example a box, it should have can become dynamic becuase when the player shoots it or walks into it, it should bounce or "fly" or whatever.

Whatever, setting the weight can be tricky, because at the final touches of the project it can become a bug or glitch for the game. If the player would have a super powerful weapon and would shoot the house, it won't blow up, it would bounce.

Comment

Good catch I missed the part about being a building.

Comment

finally what should i do?(is there any tutorials(HTML_VIDEO_PDF) links available?)

Comment

solved!!!i down that by my self.thanks

Comment

Working...
              X