Need help building Cryotank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help building Cryotank

Hi, i am building a Cryotank for my level. The tank will have a mutated creature slowly twitching inside it. My questions are:

1)How do i make the tank glass breakable when i shoot and the water spills out
    2)how do i make the creature inside to fall to the ground after the glass is shot

*I am hoping that the glass breaking can be made using fracture*

any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Well I don't have a direct answer for question 1. But for the mutant thing falling out of the tube when it's shot, I think you get the best results if you make a skeletal mesh of the mutant and make it a ragdoll so you have a more natural movement when he falls.
    On this site are some tutorials about the skeletal mesh pipeline where you can get the info for your mutant http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Video...ne - Using UDK

Comment

Originally posted by Timelog View Post
      Well I don't have a direct answer for question 1. But for the mutant thing falling out of the tube when it's shot, I think you get the best results if you make a skeletal mesh of the mutant and make it a ragdoll so you have a more natural movement when he falls.
      On this site are some tutorials about the skeletal mesh pipeline where you can get the info for your mutant http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Video...ne - Using UDK
      Thanks for the quick reply...really helped

Comment

Question 1, could you possibly just use a destructible static mesh of a tube (not a cylinder, a tube), with a glass material applied. For the water spilling out, you could use a cylinder with a morph target (indicating a sort of draining), with a gushing water particle system activated when shot. I dont think you could get a more realistic result. I know that PhysX can do particle physics (for stuff like water), but to use that would mean a massive frame drop on most PC's, plus I dont think UDK has implemented particle physics (although dont hold me to that).

Comment

Working...
        X