Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you change the resolution/size of the material on your fluidsurface actor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok, I don't know why that happens. I've copied some materials in the past and never had trouble. I have also just tried to copy over some materials and apply them in a scene and they do work.

What you can try is to create a new material in your package and open it. Then open the material you wanted to copy, select all the nodes, copy that and paste it back in your material. Then you just hook up the nodes as they were in the original. I've done that a few times before as well to re-use parts of materials, so that also works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks I'll try it! If I make a copy of a stock UDK material into my package (to make the change without changing original), I cant load the material because it says something about cross-package incompatibilities or something, so do I have to make my own water mat?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm pretty sure you can only do it in the material by using the TextureCoordinate node. It works for me but if there's another way, I don't know it.

Leave a comment:

• Can you change the resolution/size of the material on your fluidsurface actor?

I've been trying to find the option that lets you resize and tile the material you have assigned to a fluidsurface (there is one right? to not include it would be strange), but I cant find it. Is there any1 that knows how to do this?

thanks
Working...
X