Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duplicating Matinee/ Kismet door movers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicating Matinee/ Kismet door movers?

i have already tried to Ctrl+W a sliding door i have, and when i duplicate the door the original door is the only one that moves. i followed the tutorial for InterpActor, with Kismet.

is there any real way to duplicate a rigged mover door? also i will need to rotate 180 because they are double-doors.

To do an exact duplicate all you have to do is select the actor go to kismet right click and add the actor (add new object vars using YourActor). Then just connect the actor to the group (the group is on the bottom right hand side of the matinee in kismet). I do this for my fire lights to all flicker the same.

However this won't work for you. You will not want your doors to follow the exact same path. You will want them to open in opposite directions. You will have to make a new group for the 2nd door and a new movement track.

Comment

this is a good sign, thank you for clarifying, that InterpActors' groups are what drives the mover's keyframes. i think that is what you are saying. quick reply too, thanks man.

For anyone wondering which tutorial i used: http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3mover.htm... this is a good site for many topics, and is very accurate.

Comment

Working...
      X