TerrainProblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for the advice though all my materials have are a normal and a diffuse atm so I am at the very least hoping Epic does something about it but for the moment 5 materials got me through make my map though barely.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to consider whether your terrain materials really need bump offsets or specular maps. Dropping those lets you add a single more material to your layers.

Remember to group textures in single files. You can get a specular map off the diffuse with maths and you can include a bumpmap in your normal map's alpha channel.

Efficiency is the key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sorry I am to used to saying textures as you need those first to make the material heh but yes 5 materials but it is more like 4 because the first layer I set up is the default material and I like to add-on to that one layer guess i'll have to get out of that habit even though it won't make to much of a difference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    5 Textures or 5 materials? Materials can have diffuse, normal and displacement textures/texture samples. At least I have had at least 7 different texture samples :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I noticed which is sad cause I cant use more than 5 textures D: really limits what you can do with that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You are using too many texture samples on your terrain. Reduce the amount of used textures and they'll go away.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic TerrainProblem

TerrainProblem

Anyway when i try to vertex paint my terrain at a point in the terrain while painting it the terrain turn all these weird green, pink, yellow, and blue colors can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Working...
X