Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create custom shape of navMesh?

Hi,

I'm having some problem with limiting (or setting boundary) for navMeshes. What I'm working on is a city model where characer (controlled by AIController) will walk from point to point. I want them to move ONLY on the sidewalks and cross the street only at crossroad on crosswalk.

For now I use Blocking Volume and/or NavMeshBoundary Volume to limit pylon radius but it's sooo time taking and effect isn't always perfect.

In my level, street and sidewalks are 1 static mesh. I was thinking about just converting it to NavMesh but this operation create only green surface. I need some obstacle boundary. Is there any reasonable way to create obstacle surface? Or do I have to mess around with navMesh generation source code?

here's some screen to show you what I have already

I REALLY need this, can anyone help please?

Comment

Try placing the navmesh and then go into geometry mode and try and change it from there.

Comment

Thanks for reply, but unfortunately it's not that simple. You can't edit NavMeshes in geometry mode since they are generated by Pylon and are not brushes.

Thanks anyway

Comment

try a trigger volume or physics volume that resets the player to the sidewalk.

Comment

Working...
          X