Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feet Splashing in water/mud

Hey guys!

I'm currently working on a project that I need some splashing feet action as the player walks through water. I'm pretty sure there's something I'm missing in the editor that allows me to achieve this effect without having go go into Unreal Script. I've been searching around but no luck so far. Could anybody point me in the right direction?

Unreal script is always the best way, if you can't program or don't have access to a programmer, then you should either learn what you can without it, or learn it. Especially as a level designer you will need to have a basic to intermediate understanding of unreal script. In this particular case all I can think of is having a particle system and maybe a decal which is placed in the location of the feet, attached to a socket, and is hidden/unhidden during certain times in the animation cycle.

Comment

i think he is referring to the fact that for the source engine for example in the hammer editor, when doing a texture on a brush, you can select the sound file to play or emit when a player walks or runs on it. I think he wants to know if it is that simple with the udk editor as well.

Comment

The word that you all here could search for in the docs would be "PhysicalMaterial" I guess

Comment

Wonderful! Thank you eAlex, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
          X