Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you easily replace a mesh or other asset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I just select the mesh in the content browser and then hit import, so long as the names are exactly the same, it writes over.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    or right click on it in the browser and choose reimport static mesh (trying to remember from my head here but I believe it's called that"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Or just save over the old mesh with the new one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Select your new mesh in the generic browser, find the old mesh in the level, right click on it, Select>Select matching static meshes (this class), then hit F4 to bring up the properties. Scroll down to the very bottom of the properties window to Static Mesh Component>StaticMeshComponent>Static Mesh, click the little green arrow to replace every selected mesh with the new one.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How do you easily replace a mesh or other asset?

How do you easily replace a mesh or other asset?

I've built a level, but the artist provided me with an incomplete version of a mesh. I went back to him and he's sent a replacement.

Well the mesh is inserted in multiple places throughout the level. I don't want to go in and manually re-insert the mesh. The "replace with" command when you right-click only seems to work after you select the mesh you want in the Content Browser, then go to the placed version in the map and choose "Replace With...".

(It would also be good if these right-click commands allowed you to drill right into the Content Browser and select exactly what you wanted, instead of you have to choose asset in Content Browser you want first, and then click wherever to place it there.)

Does anyone know how to replace a mesh (or any asset) in the Content Browser so that it replaces all placements of it in the level?
Working...
X