Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Solved) Need a parameter to stop/start coord. panner

HI all,

I have a texture for a prop. Part of it is static, and a small part of it has a water texture that needs a coordinate panner on it. I want to make a material instance, where I have a parameter to check on/off the texture pan.

this is what I got so far:

I can't plug the parameter directly into the 'time', nor can I 'multiply' it with the parameter - it turns off the texture, it gets a solid color with no norm/dif/spec.

Where do I go from here, to have this parameter I can tick/untick in the instanced material?

Thanks,
    Gera

anyone? anyone?

Comment

There's a static switch expression that works as parameter, right? I'm not sure if this will help you to actually start/stop panning, but it can at least be used to painlessly switch between a moving and non-moving version of the texture, even if only by toggling between a Time and Constant expression as time input for the panner.

Comment

My main concern is to be able to use the switch within the material instance, otherwise, I might as well make 2 separate materials...

I'll look into the static switch when I get off work, thx.

Gera

Comment

Multiply the parameter (normal value parameter one, not a switch) with "Time". then input that into Time of the panner.

That should do it. I don't do that every day so may have forgotten something but it is most certainly possible to do.

Comment

Oh man!!! IT works!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Gera

Comment

hey, could I expand on this thread.. I'm trying to achieve a similar result..

I have managed to get the pause and resume working on the panner but because the panner is constantly moving it doesn't resume in the exact same place.. Is this possible to achieve in the material editor?

I have an object so that when I "select it/take damage" a holographic pan goes up the object and turns off. But when I shoot it, the pan starts in random places....

Comment

Working...
              X