• Show
Clear All

• replied
    thx ambershee, shadows work now !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    1) Turn off precomputed shadows.

2) Must use a wind actor to get them to sway.

3) The clouds were done using a light function, this is actually a massive hit on your frame rate however.
    well, but in the GDC level there were precomp. shadows enabled, but it worked though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1) Turn off precomputed shadows.

2) Must use a wind actor to get them to sway.

3) The clouds were done using a light function, this is actually a massive hit on your frame rate however.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SneakySoft View Post
    Blob shadow issue= Try placing a dominant directional light

Wind= The material indeed uses a wind direction & speed input, so I guess you have to place a wind direction actor.

Clouds= in the material of the ground (it's cheap & works very well)
    blob shadows: well, in the picture i used a dominant directional light.

wind; ok i'll try that

clouds; ah, ok...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Blob shadow issue= Try placing a dominant directional light

Wind= The material indeed uses a wind direction & speed input, so I guess you have to place a wind direction actor.

Clouds= in the material of the ground (it's cheap & works very well)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Foliage and shadow issues

Foliage and shadow issues

hey guys,
    now i got a weird problem. currently i have some speed trees in my level (the ones from the GDC level) but they don't have those nice realtime shadows like in the GDC level, they only have weird blob shadows (on both own and udk default materials). how do they get those nice detailed realtime shadows?
    Screen:
    [SHOT]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_-3_qXEBCno8/TApdOKYavaI/AAAAAAAAAWQ/w5C-le8Dks4/ScreenShot00004.jpg[/SHOT]

another problem is, in the GDC map, there is grass and foliage that is kind of waving a bit. in my level, i placed the same foliage but the grass and all doesn't move or wave. do i have to use sth like that WindDirectionWhateverActor?

and another problem is, in the GDC level, the light is getting darker and brighter all the time like there were clouds flying around and flying in front of the sun shining. how do i get this effect?
Working...
X