Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparant Terrain

Hey everyone,

Can somebody please tell me how I can get the terrain to be transparant?

Thanks

You can't.

Comment

Isn't there a way to add it through scripting? I only need it to read in the scene depth, I don't need it to be transparant. But since the only way to read in scene depth is to put the material on transparant, I had no other choice.

Isn't there a way to force the terrain / material to read in scene depth?

Comment

you could try to use a transparent material...

Comment

That's what I'm doing, but it doesn't read in scene depth on terrain, it works on meshes, but for some reason it doesn't on terrein.

Could someone help me out?

Comment

You can't do it, terrain does not support transparency.

Comment

So couldn't you just make the terrain in a modeling program and then make a material that has multiple material instances or something like that so you can vertex paint the mesh?

Comment

There is a way to force a non-transparent material to read in the scene depth; by checking the "Used With Material Effect" box under the Usage properties of the material. However, using this with terrain will result in the layers not being rendered properly. Perhaps you can use it to find some other solution.

What exactly do you want to do with it?

Comment

Strange that the editor cant handle transparent textures, hopefully in a future build?

Comment

Working...
                  X