Material: Light info as mask.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material: Light info as mask.

I'm trying to make a material where certain parts glow only if they are in shadow. I was thinking something along the lines of using a lerp with the alpha somehow set to light percentage. I didn't see any nodes directly related to lighting info. Is there another way to go about getting it?

You want to use a light vector and feed that into a dot matrix node with a single constant. That will give you your light information. This, however, doesn't work when you use the emmisive channel in your material.

Comment

Can't use it in the emmisive? That kind of sucks. Isn't that how I'd make it glow?

Comment

It would be cool if there were some more Masks ( if they are available in the engine ) exposed to the Material System. Something like Shadows ( altho they are applied after the Material Pass afaik ) or even the AO History Texture ( altho if it would be available there would have to be some sort of way to control how the actual SSAO is applied, otherwise the default SSAO apply mechanism would mess with everything that is based on the AO History Texture Data ).

Comment

Working...
        X