Multiple Player Spawn Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Player Spawn Points

I know this is probably a very easy question to answer, but I'm running low on time because my level designers failed to give me the levelsuntil a week before my deadline. So I would appreciate any help on how to do this in KISMET.

The level is an objective based level and I want to know how to make it so when the player hits a trigger, it changes their spawn point from the first area to the next if they have reached the next area.

You'll have to code some sort of spawn manager which manages when spawns XYZ are active and when not.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, I was hoping to be able to do this in Kismet as I do not have time to code anything, nor do I know Unreal Script at all.

Anyone else know if it is possible to do in Kismet?

Comment

It is just like so:

Originally posted by From My Photobucket Page
        A very simple UDK Kismet setup for toggling ON a New PlayerStart, then shutting OFF the original. All you need to do is add a trigger volume, select it, then right-click the Kismet Window and go to New Event Using TriggerVolume...blah. Make sure there are no holes that the player could possibly "sneak around" the volume or they could miss a checkpoint. Adversly, you may want the player to have to find the checkpoints, so shape it to fit the area. Optionally, you can also make another TriggerVolume just beyond the new spawn point that turns the first TriggerVolume(the one that toggles the playerstarts) OFF, so that players cannot come back through the level and accidentally trigger old checkpoints.
        For all of the spawnpoints other than the Starting Spawn, you should go into their properties and uncheck these settings:

Comment

Thanks, but for some reason, that didnt work either. I have it to when they touch a trigger in toggles on the 2 spawn points in room 2 and turns off spawn points in room 3. Could it be that it isnt working because its turning on 2 spawn points instead of 1? If it matters, I'm using the February edition of UDK.

Comment

The version number and number of spawn points shouldn't matter, whether it's one spawn or fifty of them.

You are running the toggle events in sequence like I did, right? Not split off from the touch event in 2 directions? If you did the latter, that could be the problem.

UDK/UE3 has an issue with doing multiple tasks at once through Kismet, sometimes quitting one thing before it even begins, that is why I did the 2 separate toggles back to back.

Comment

Xerxes, did you rebuild paths after putting all this into kismet?

Comment

Also, thanks a bunch Blood.

Comment

No problem, just hope it helped.

Comment

Working...
                  X