ProcBuilding Static Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProcBuilding Static Shadow

I just tried out the new ProcBuilding feature. Freaking amazing. My only problem if the crazy amount of seams that show up when I bake the lighting. How the heck do I get rid of those?

bumping. if you need pictures, i'll try to add, but i think it's that "problem" that happens when you have pieces of something next to each other that make ugly shadows.

Comment

Post a pic of your problem.

Comment

It looks ok on the side the light is coming from, but on the other side, i get this.

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but i thought the ProcBuildings where for the purpuse of making custom "skybox" typ models. Lighting errors from sides would make sence since theese are made for beeing viewed at a distance. Am i wrong here or? I havent myself worked with the ProcBuilding tools but you could post your settings for the buildings.

Comment

that would definitely make sense. but this is a problem I tend to get when using tileable meshes and lightmass. I would really like to know if the two could work in seamless shadow harmony

Comment

Well for static meshes what I do is in 3ds Max I unwrap the model like I normally do then I add another unwrap modifier and change the channel to 2 then unwrap using flatten mapping. Then in UDK I import and I change the lightmap resolution of the model to 512. You might also have to change the channel used for the lightmap to 1 if it is not that already (In UDK the numbers are one less, so 1 in 3ds max is 0 in UDK and 2 in 3ds max is 1 in UDK). Not sure if this will help with the ProcBuildings simply because I never tried it, but I hope it helps!

Comment

Working...
              X