deactivate or moving ladder volume at runtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deactivate or moving ladder volume at runtime

hello, i'm trying to deactivate/activate or moving a ladder volume at runtime, i have tried to moving it with kismet at the begin of the level using set actor location action in kismet but nothing happend, what i want to do is this:

in my game when the hero collect all the coins a ladder to the exit of the level will appear, i have put the ladder, i have converted it to a kactor and i have hide it with kismet at the begin of the level, that's working good, the problem is, in that place where is the ladder hidden the ladder volume still remain and the player can climb it.

i have tried to hide the ladder volume (not working), i have tried to set the location of the volume far away of the game level using kismet, but is not working too.

somebody can tell me how to activate/deactivate or moving the ladder volumes using kismet or unreal script at runtime ?

thank you in advance for the help.

maybe you should try a kismet activated matinee sequence?
    Some things don't work if I just use kismet.. but if I use matinee + kismet things are working.. **** udk.. it's playing with me! *fist shake*

Comment

junkens can you explain a little more, how to do it ?

Comment

Make it so when you turn a specific trigger in kismet, the one you wanted to change ladder volume behavior, it launches a matinee sequence, where you move or delete ladder volume.

Comment

i understand that, but how i put the variable value of the ladder volume in matinee ?

Comment

Instead of changing it's variable you could just pull it way up or way down, so it wouldn't be near player anymore.

Comment

I see what Kaldrick is saying.

Alright, start with the ladder volume below the level, but in the correct XY it needs to be. In matinee create movement track with ladder volume selected. Make first keyframe with ladder below level and second keyframe with ladder volume in place, then run the sequence from kismet when you need the ladder volume moved into place.

Comment

thank you for all of you, i have made it, is working just fine !!!!

Comment

sorry, is only working on the editor, when i try to test the level, the ladder volume doesn't move, when i try to open the matinee editor it says a warning message that the movement track are assigned to an static actor and this actor propably doesn't animate.

i'm thinking again on how to do this.

Comment

maybe you maybe just put a rock before it?
                    Or a blocking volume.. you could move them.
                    I personaly hate ladder volumes.. because they hate me. Always letting crash udk if I change something.
                    You could blow up the rock. A udk showoff map has this detonation pack thing.. maybe you could use this.

Comment

i have solved the situation like this, reading over the forum and testing in the editor i have realized that the ladder volume needs a hard suface in front to work, this mean, no wall, no ladder in front of the ladder volume and the pawn will not climb, with that in mind i have converted my ladders into a mover, and when the level loads i change the location (with set location or matinee this will work) of them, when my hero collect all the coins the ladder will be back to they original place and the ladder volume will work again, hope this help to somebody with my own problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X