Particle Overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Particle Overlay

I have an emitter that spawns five randomly rotating particles. These particles are unlit, with an 8bit translucency channel (entire material is G8, so the same channel is used for color as is used for transparency, with a x2 multiplier on both, color multiplied by 3vector 0,0,0). The five particles are separated vertically by 0.1 world units. Wherever they overlap, an area of transparency is created displaying the backing bsp brush in unlit mode. This seems to happen whether the particles are 0.1 world units apart, or 100 world units apart.

What should I do to eliminate this transparency problem?

Bumpity bump.

Comment

Ok, figured it out. Due to multiply, some pixel A values were greater than 1 (in vector). When I added a ceiling function, the material overlapped just fine.

Comment

As I read those three, I thought, triple-post!

Also,

wtf?

we do not support people who worship the evil people.

Comment

Sorry about that, I was just struggling trying to get a solution and was trying to get some attention. The particle system is one of many VFXs I was implementing for a magic system in the game I was working on. There's a number of different colors, the black just made the problem very easy to see.

Comment

Working...
          X