Change Max trigger count stops interpactor from working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    yeah I did, works perfectly. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the trigger needs to be attached to the mover, in case that wasn't clear.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just used the interpactor as a mover, couldn't figure out how to do that at first but it's working now. And before that I rescaled the trigger to the height of the distance between floor and destination. That worked also, only I didn't like the trigger to be that big. So yeah it's now a dynamic trigger with a retrigger value of 0.5.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is the trigger attached to the lift, and if so, is it a dynamic trigger?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I changed the collision height retrigger value and that works perfectly. It took some time to understand the second method, use the interpactor as trigger, but that works even better in my level.

Thanks a lot guys, that really helped me out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think what's happening is what BIOS has said.. it's retriggering quickly. What happens is you walk into the trigger and that triggers "play" then as soon as the lift moves up you move out of the trigger which triggers "reverse".

If you made the actual lift the trigger it will only retrigger if you jump on it. The reason why it currently seems to work on trigger count 1 is because it can't retrigger, so it won't reverse when you "untouch".

You can probably also use the retrigger delay and make it longer.. by default it's 0.1 I think. So you can make that as long as your animation is. Then it's impossible to retrigger it until it's completed one full cycle.

Generally though I think the method to do "walk on" lifts is to use the lift as a trigger, but also set the retrigger delay otherwise you can just keep jumping and retriggering it over and over.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just as big as my platform. But the lift is working, but only if i set trigger count to 1. so maby I have to change to something in matinee so that the lift works every time? I tried looping in matinee, but that gives a really strange effect. I don't understand why it is working for the doors and not for my lift, the only difference is the movement am i right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How big is the trigger collision? If you touch it and then immediately untouch it, that would certainly cause the behavior you are describing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    there's not much to show. I only use 1 trigger and a matinee, connected the touched to play and Untouched to reverse. In matinee I added a new empty group and a movement track. I use all the default settings.

I saw in a video tutorial about a lift system that a mover was used instead of an interpactor. I tried that, the thing is I can't add a mesh as mover, I only can convert the interpactor as mover and that didn't work either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe post a screen of the kismet?

Leave a comment:

• Change Max trigger count stops interpactor from working

I've searched the forum but I couldn't find the answer.

I've made an elevator system using a simple mesh and added it as Interpactor to the scene. The lift is working fine but when I change the trigger count to 0 the lift stops working. It only moves a little but I won't go up all the way. Setting the trigger count to a different number doesn't work either.

I use the same settings to a door with trigger count to 0, and that gives no problems, so I don't understand why it isn't working for the lift.

The collision settings are set to block all and the physics to interpolating.

I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X