lighting problem on terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lighting problem on terrain

Hi, everyone! i have a problem of building lighting.
    I add a terrain in Editor and put some static mesh and SpreedTrees on it. And before building lighting, it's OK, but when building lighting, the static mesh or speedtrees do not cast shade on the terrain surface just like this:

is anything wrong?

Are you using dominant directional light? How big is your terrain? What is the resolution of the terrain's lightmap?

Comment

yes, i am using dominant directional light. is there any relationship between that light and terrain?
      my terrain draw scale is (256,256,13) and static lighting resolution is 2. sorry i can not find the property 'resoluton of the terrain's lightmap'.

thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ebluecat_cn View Post
        yes, i am using dominant directional light. is there any relationship between that light and terrain?
        my terrain draw scale is (256,256,13) and static lighting resolution is 2. sorry i can not find the property 'resoluton of the terrain's lightmap'.

thank you!!!
        That is what I meant. Put a higher number there. I'm using 16 on my level's terrain.

Comment

Semms like the current build bugs at a lightmap res below 4. Try 4 or 8 if you want really detailed shadows.

Comment

OK, thanks a lot. i'll try it.

Comment

Screw resolution on terrain it will never give you good result. Just check in dominant directional light properties Whole Scene Dynamic Lighting. It will give you perfect shadows on certain distances, that play can see, an static ugly shadows beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
                Screw resolution on terrain it will never give you good result. Just check in dominant directional light properties Whole Scene Dynamic Lighting. It will give you perfect shadows on certain distances, that play can see, an static ugly shadows beyond that.
                That's indeed true. The problem though judging by the shot is that he has no shadows at all... at least on terrain.
                Maybe there's something wrong with the lighting channels. By default though it should accept shadows. :0\

Comment

Working...
                X