Importing UT3 maps into UDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing UT3 maps into UDK?

I know this has been discussed before but id like to know if it is possible. Is there anyway to import UT3 maps into the UDK editor? I tried it by selecting the all files option instead of the .udk one but when I tried to import a UT3 map the editor crashed.

Im not doing it to use the whole level with its textures. I want to import some maps so I can just cut out different parts like rooms and hallways and use them as a kind of prefrab. I really hope a .ut3 importer is included in the next update because that would be very very useful.

Its not possible, illegal and its "UDK" not UTK

Comment

it is indeed possible. Stock assets from UT3 wont port over automatically but if you have .upks of custom assets that a map is made up of it will UT3----->UDK no problem. All BSP in a map will port over too. A .upk created in UDK will not transfer to UT3 because UDK is a newer version on the engine.

Exported .t3d will work in between all versions of UE3 if you have the packages containing the assets.

Comment

Oh thanks. Ill try that. But its not the assets im looking for which is against the rules but just some rooms and hallways that I can copy and paste onto my map.

Comment

If its bsp i think you can just copy and paste do a paste in the UDK, or as sanchez said you can export the bsp as .t3d

PS: If you paste onto a wordpad it should begin like this

{
          post begin play
          blh blahablha

blahal

and it should show clean code, i know you can do it with kismet and levels, as long as referenced assets exists in both engines in the same exact location.

Comment

I bought the Mastering Unreal technology volume 2, and it tells me to simply import them through the content browser, and it shows up fine when I click on the little file folder, but when I try to use the import button it never lets me, doesn't even give me a choice to import any of the files. Will the solutions here help me? I tried but still can;t get it to load up and actually save it to UDK (letting me save a level and have it stay in UDK and not have me re put them back into UDK every time I load it up)

Comment

MUT was written before UDK and is intended for use with UT3. I don't know if any of the methods here will work, but if not, the book came with a free install of UT3 through Steam on the accompanying disc.

Comment

Working...
              X