Lightmass shadows problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightmass shadows problem??

Ok, so I just created a test level and as I test it I noticed that some columns I placed are not casting shadows on the base they sit on.

Lightmass is on, cast shadows are checked and I do not know what is going on... some help would be awesome guys! haha

Here is a screenshot:

Did you actually do a build of the lighting? I hate to ask, but you didn't mention it and the materials still look like they have the Preview Lighting on them.

Comment

What kind of light did you use and where is it?

Comment

Yes I built the lighting on High Settings and still nothing.. materials have specular and normal it is just the angle that makes them look like that.. The light would be a dominant directional light and is somewhere on top of the map.. But the problem is that if a rotate the light, shadows would appear.. But when I build with lightmass shadows on those meshes disappear

Comment

Don't forget that the new UDK version supports real time shadows for nearfield view and you can get rid of those lightmass details by having them rendering only in the distant areas of your map.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePriest909 View Post
            Don't forget that the new UDK version supports real time shadows for nearfield view and you can get rid of those lightmass details by having them rendering only in the distant areas of your map.
            You mean like having importance volumes for lightmass on the terrain and not in the columns? haha I'll try that

Comment

Working...
            X