Which light should I choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Interesting! But the light would have to fall only on the weapon or the floor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe a light function is what you need, Hourences has a nice tutorial : http://www.hourences.com/book/tutori...htfunction.htm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have to use Decals, but the most I mean the shadows of the weapons. Although it seems to me that DirectionalLight casts a shadow of stained glass but it has no weapons, only a shadow of Lightmass.

Thanks for your rapid response.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In UT2004 (where I hail from) you would use projectors to make the effect of the stain glass on the floor. Not really having the light going though the glass and picking up the colour then hitting the floor. I'm sure for the sake of performance if your not doing dynamic day cycles, decals are far easier on the system. Toss in some god rays and dust emitter puffing around the light to add the the effect and your golden

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Which light should I choose?

Which light should I choose?

I have two lights which have advantages and disadvantages. I would like to make a map of the church and stained glass windows and I do not want to load a new map of the church from the inside.

DominantDirectionalLight

+ benefits
    - The weapons appear very quickly shadows

disadvantages -
    - He can not throw a shadow of the stained glass

Directional Light

+ benefits
    - The weapons do not appear very quickly, and shadows are worse than DDlight

disadvantages -
    - Can throw the shadow of the stained glass

It may be possible to settle all the options?
    Please help.
Working...
X