Animated Textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animated Textures

I know you can make an animated texture work in the UDK but I haven't been able to find much on how to do it. I remember doing it once in the 2004 editor but don't remember how I did it. Any good tutorials out there for it?

- Patrick

Well, there is two ways of doing it. Either its panners or rotators, nodes that you plug into your UV connection on your texture sample inside the material editor.

the hardway is using flipbook textures and subuv materials.

if you post the effect you are going for it would be much moore helpful an easier to guide you to the best tutorial.

Comment

Pretty much for the moment all I am needing to do is have a needle on a gage that moves. I have all the textures on a single 2048x2048 texture sheet so would I have the gage needle as a stand alone texture with an alpha channle and just apply it to a sheet and than just set up the material editor nodes to rotate it.

Comment

If you're going to go that route, you might as well just animate the needle as a 2d plane other than in the material editor.

Comment

16bit may be correct. It depends on where this needle and guage is located. Is this a UI element, or a world element?

If in the world, you may find it easiest to create a seperate mesh plane for the needle and physically rotate it as required.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back, I will consider our advice, it does seem easier the way you are saying.

Comment

Working...
            X