Crush on Encroach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crush on Encroach

I cant for the life of me find out where the "crush on encroach" property is on my mover! Can someone please point it out for me? In UT3's editor it was really straight forward...

Hopeful bump!

Comment

Bump. I prefer persistent over irritating.

Comment

i looked for it too i cant find it, maybe youll have to code your own crushing Mover!

Comment

Thread necromancy! I'm having the same issue... I can't for the life of me find where to crush a player to death.

I've tried this method: http://www.moddb.com/engines/unreal-...ructive-kismet but that's for being "hit" by an interpactor, not encroached by it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Attach a thin trigger to the bottom of the lift, and when it touches the player, check to see if the player is touching the ground or not (Trace) - if he is, CauseDamage?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
              Attach a thin trigger to the bottom of the lift, and when it touches the player, check to see if the player is touching the ground or not (Trace) - if he is, CauseDamage?
              Nah, that'd pretty much be the same method as the link I posted where it deals damage to anyone struck by the mover regardless of whether they're crushed or not.

This was so easy in Unreal 2

EDIT: Sorry I missed the part where you said check if he's touching the ground. That could work except these movers are moving horizontally...

Comment

That could work except these movers are moving horizontally...
                You could still do it, just change the trace direction to the direction the mover is moving in (so if they are against a wall, kill em).

Comment

Working...
                X