UDK boundaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK boundaries

The exact boundaries are 524286 on all axis.

has ANYONE broke passed the evil boundary? i noticed it has collision with skeletal meshes and physics assets.apex destructible actors and static meshes go beyond the limit. If anyone has could you tell me what collision code to change in skeletalmeshcomponent and physicsassets ? and also the update location of the pawn versus the boundary. I already know stuff gets buggy on the other side but I would like to just build a few items outside of the barrier. If anyone wants to collaborate on the limit that would be great.

Comment

I don't understand the purpose of your post at all pulse. This information is on the UDN anyway.

DigitalDemolition, the only thing ive ever managed to create that was outside of the bounds was landscape and a sky dome. Although the sky dome was technically at 0,0,0. Also landscape cant be manually moved outside the bounds, it is just created outside the bounds if you make it big enough.

It would be very nice to be able to put items outside the bounds simply for a backdrop. Low detail objects that the player wouldn't be able to get close to.

Comment

You can have actors outside the boundary if they use PHYS_None. The problem comes when using any kind of physical motion or collision because the native collision hash management will reject it as outside the octree bounds.

Comment

Working...
        X