Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by rednaz View Post
    If the player can't see part or all of an object it doesn't render that object. I can't remember what this term is called though.
    Occlusion culling.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks all, you've been a great help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow,cool
    I didn't knew this is possible in UE3.
    Thanks,I think me and my team will use it in our game project.
    Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have a read of this:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/LevelStreamingHowTo.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think he means for a smooth gameplay continously loading and unloading parts of the maps for ex God Of War on PS2(I know it's not UE3). God of war 2 doesn't have much loading screens,you can play the entire game with having only maximum 3 loading screens,but the game is veeery long.
    Don't know if this can be done in UE3 but I think he refers to this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you mean hiding parts of the level that isn't seen or hiding parts of the level until the player achieves a goal? If the former, the engine does this already. If the player can't see part or all of an object it doesn't render that object. I can't remember what this term is called though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well, i have quiet a big map with a big kismet. Will hiding parts of the map make the game smoother? (sorry im a bit of a noob) if so then how?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do you mean? Do you want specific parts to be hidden until the player hits your trigger volume, then they appear/disappear?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic level loading/unloading?

level loading/unloading?

hi,
    can any one help me with the kismet for loading and unloading parts of a level with a trigger volume?
    and any tips you might have would be helpful
    thanks in advance
Working...
X