Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walking on air

Hi everyone.

I'm somewhat new to UDK. I got the basics of the engine down: importing, material setup, lighting, basic particles, terrain modification... which is where I hit this bump -->

In this image I am playing within the UDK, and I am standing on nothing, as you can see. About half of my terrain is fine, the other half I start walking on air and I don't know why. It happened out of nowhere a few hours ago, I had just noticed it, when testing. I can not see any GEO, or blocking volumes in wireframe mode, so I know that's not it.

I had 'built all', does not help... Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gera

holy awesome god how did you add the skybox? and you create the level in additive mode?

Comment

Sometimes i get collision problems with the terrain, click on it and press F4 to open the properties and expand the collision and make sure its set to BlockAll, sometimes it seems to change it self and screws the collision up.

Comment

@ alvarofer: skybox is a squashed half dome made in maya with a panning sky texture, level made in additive mode.

@ ja53n: terrain is set to 'block all'

Now that I answered your inquiries, I have found the problem - one of my imported meshes had an exploded collision that stretches to infinity. I should have checked that, but after 10 hours of working on the level, my brain was what had the glitch. It is sorted out now.

Thanks all!

Gera

Comment

Working...
        X