Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesh not being solid

Hey guys,

I was wondering could anyone help me out on this slight problem I have been having, I have created a roman style temple in Sketchup, Exported it to Maya then exported it as a .DAE file.

The mesh loads perfectly into the UDK engine without textures etc. When I run the game I can pass directly through the object. I have searched all over the net and checked all of the settings, I´m not sure what I´m doing wrong.

Could anyone be so kind to help.

Thanks

Dameeda

Dubble click your mesh and genereate a collision mesh.

Comment

I´ll give that a try, ty so much for quick reply

Comment

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CollisionReference.html

I will keep posting this link in threads like this. There's a wealth of information on UDN, it really should be checked out, save yourself from hours of frustration.

Comment

from what I understand you used maya to convert your sketchup model. Some advice for the next time you model:

Sketchup isn't a good tool for modeling, even though it's easy to use, it doesn't support lightmaps, neither does it light well vertex lit. You can use it to make a base mesh, which you can work from in other programs like Max, XSI, Maya or Blender.

Collisions need to be done in the Unreal engine itself; you can use blockingvolumes, the autoconvex collision tool or using the builder brush. shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

Comment

@MadV Will take a look at the link thanks for the info

@Beastenator Also thank you for the advice, I´ll have to become more familiar with Maya it seems .

Thank you

Comment

Collision can be made in Sketchup or Maya by creating a very simple collision setup and naming it the same as your model with the suffix _UCX. Then when you bring this into Unreal it will be used as the collision for your model.

Comment

Working...
              X