Level Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level Transition

I have a trigger in my level that when touched I want it to end the level and spawn you in the next level. How do I do that in kismet or can I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkHmMEWHU8

Comment

I thought level streaming was for multiple sections of a level for one level.

Comment

Yes, if you want to completely change level you should be using the Prepare Map Change and Commit Map Change actions in Kismet.

Basically the first of those actions starts the process of changing level, 'streaming' in your new level and hopefully loading most of it into memory ready to switch. You then need to Commit the map change after the load has completed, and the maps will be switched out.

You might then have to teleport the player to the correct start position in the new map - ideally all this will happen while a blank screen is showing so it doesn't look weird. To do this just bring up a UIScene and then close it once the new map is active.

You might have to fiddle with this for a bit as it doesn't look like the UDN pages for these functions are available (I may have missed them).

Comment

Actions - Misc - console command, target is the player

Console command: "Open nameofnextlevel"

Comment

Working...
          X