Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physics, Kismet or Matinee? Forcing the rotation of one actor onto another...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physics, Kismet or Matinee? Forcing the rotation of one actor onto another...

Hey guys,

Here's my problem :

I have a large platform that I want to rotate in relation to a smaller pannel.

The larger platform is round and is constrained (at it's centre) on top of a large pole.

The smaller platform is constrained to swing around a smaller pole.

As I move (using the physics gun) the smaller paddle I want the larger platform to spin on top of the pole in relation to the paddles movement/rotation.

I have 2 rigid bodies that I am using for the paddle and the platform, they are constrained using hinge constraints that have been rotated 90 deg to allow the 'twist' constraint to act as a pivot point. All other constraint values other than twist are set to true (meaning that the constriained objects can only 'spin' (- twist) on their axis.

Does anyone know how I would use either kismet, matinee or maybe a pulley constraint to get this working?

I have managed to get it working in kismet using the 'get rotation' and 'set rotation' nodes, however it effectively runs the script every frame and is not a viable option - or at least, the way I set it up!

Matinee was not such a good option as I want the movement to be relative/dynamic not a - when the paddle moves - play this animation of the platform turning.

I would really appreciate any help you can offer on this as I am getting pretty stuck!

Many thanks,

J

bump! Any suggestions? Even if it's a point in the right direction, i.e. look at SeqAct_******* script - (I've been looking hard at this one!) Any help is appreciated.

J

Comment

Working...
    X